View Full Version : Comments not updating correctly...

08-21-2011, 10:12 AM
on the right side bar, I have a comment section. Any registered user can make a comment on the contest using this. The problem is when I press return to submit the comment, the comment updates but it doesn't update with the proper CSS rules and overflows. When I refresh the page the CSS kicks in and puts the comment in place. Can anyone tell me what's going on here?? Please let me know if you need any of the code to look if you can't view the source and styles using the browser.

Here is a page of the site with the comments in the right-side bar.

www.MyFaceIsUgly.com (http://www.myfaceisugly.com/contests/view/12)

08-21-2011, 02:32 PM
You need this:

$Code_Type = 'PHP';

$Correct = ($Forum) ? is_php() : or_html_css();

print $Correct;

08-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Where do I put that in my code?

08-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Thats mean tango :/
That code isn't real. The problem isn't a PHP issue, it's an HTML/CSS issue. Anything to do with how its rendered in a browser is beyond the scope of PHP itself.

This particular issue sounds to be a Javascript one though, which I presume you are using for the submission.

08-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Sorry guys that was a bit mean wasn't it.

Mr, you posted in a PHP forum about HTML / CSS. As I'm sure you're aware, there isn't much point posting in the wrong forum hence my PHP joke code which was supposed to get the point across.

I didn't actually think you'd ask where to put it :eek: - If you read it again you'll see there is a message written in code looking format. Try reading it as if its english!