PDA

View Full Version : weird redirection "#"

Nblufire12
08-19-2011, 06:11 AM
hey guys,

so on the website www.marcsnyderlaw.com how come it automatically redirects to # at the end of each link?

Is there a way to remove that??

Thanks

Old Pedant
08-19-2011, 06:50 AM
so on the website www.marcsnyderlaw.com how come it automatically redirects to # at the end of each link?

Well, not on *EACH* link.

free-information doesn't for example.

I notice that one difference is that on free-information page you do *NOT* have these lines:

<script src="scripts/jquery_minimized_core.js"></script>
<script src="scripts/jquery_slider.js"></script>

And I notice that in the jquery_slider code it adds some <a href="#"> for "pagination" if that's enabled, and it seems to be. Why one of those would get triggered and wouldn't be have the <a> action suppressed by a return false is getting too deep.

Old Pedant
08-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Ugh...so much for that guess. No slider on contact.php page, but it still does it.

Well, it's surely something in one of those JS libraries you are using.

Nblufire12
08-19-2011, 06:58 AM
So if I delete those 2 lines that were missing from the free information page it will solve my problem?

I have no jquery knowledge...

Old Pedant
08-19-2011, 07:56 AM
I don't think so. See my second post. The code I thought *might* be the culprit is not present on your contact.php page yet it has the problem.

Nblufire12
08-19-2011, 07:58 AM
I don't think so. See my second post. The code I thought *might* be the culprit is not present on your contact.php page yet it has the problem.

Darnit! It's not htaccess or anything? This is brutal