View Full Version : ASP Form help

GusTheGreat
08-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Hello,
I am trying to use a form to run an asp script that can query an SQL DB and compile a "listing" and output that listing in a text area. I need to not reload the page when doing this because I have another page embedded above the form and can't reset the information in there.

Basically, The Form has three parts: text for a SKU to look up, as submit button, and a readonly text area that the form will populate on submit.

User story: user will input a SKU and click submit. The script will query the DB and compile a "listing" and return the list in the text area so that the user can copy and paste it into the embedded website above the form.

I hope i am being descriptive enough and not repeating useless details.
Thank you.

GusTheGreat
08-10-2011, 06:21 PM
I need this for work. If anyone can help that would be amazing. I just need to know how to do a post to an asp script with out refreshing the page the form is on. Please help.

MISCHU
08-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Could you not use update panel for this?

If you contain the information in an update panel then only that information would be refreshed.

Hope that helps

GusTheGreat
08-11-2011, 06:15 PM
could someone explain update panel to me?

MISCHU
08-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Take a look at this LINK (http://www.codegod.org/WebAppCodeGod/UpdatePanel-tutorial-ASP-NET-AJAX-AID281.aspx)

Should explain what it is and will see if it is what you need.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum