View Full Version : mysql_connect Access Denied

rtechnix
08-04-2011, 06:41 AM
So I'm testing out a page on a hosted server. However they're technical help so far has just assumed it to be a coding error and so far unhelpful.

It's pretty simple, I just can't get mysql_connect() to work. The exact error I get in the log is this:

[04-Aug-2011 00:06:02] PHP Warning: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'rtechnix'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/rtechnix/protected/DbConnect.php on line 12

The exact code being referenced is below with line-12 bolded:

class Db {

protected static $server = 'localhost';
protected static $username = 'rtechnix_admin';
protected static $password = '*****';

public static function connect() {
if(!isset($dbconn)) {
global $dbconn;
$dbconn = mysql_connect($server, $username, $password) or die ('Error connecting to database.');
}
}

The username and password (obviously edited out here) are EXACTLY as they appear and were created in the cPanel Database manager. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix this. I'm scared this may be a mysql issue that I don't have access to fix with the hosting company and since they're being somewhat useless right now..

Thanks in advance.

abduraooft
08-04-2011, 07:29 AM
$dbconn = mysql_connect($server, $username, $password) or die ('Error connecting to database.');
Shouldn't that be

$dbconn = mysql_connect($this->server, $this->username, $this->password) or die ('Error connecting to database.');

guelphdad
08-04-2011, 03:38 PM
This part of the error message:
(using password: NO)

means that the password is not being sent through correctly, it isn't the wrong password, just no password is being sent.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum