View Full Version : simple fix i think, issue with floating

nandahosting
08-03-2011, 11:58 PM
hi, i am having a bit of a problem, i have made a button and floated it to the right inside a div but in IE6 & IE7 the button seem to jump up a bit, not sure whats happening, been trying to sort this out for hours. im sure its something simple im missing but not sure what.

the url is www.nandahosting.co.uk (http://www.nandahosting.co.uk)

its about half way down the page, green button says "Join Now for Free" (div class="button")

thankyou so much

nandahosting
08-04-2011, 12:53 AM
the content above has a bottom-margin: 20px for the ul, in IE6 & IE7 it seems this isn't showing, its like the overflow(the overflow of the bottom-margin: 20px) of the content above isn't showing if you understand what i mean?

Deep Thought
08-04-2011, 01:13 AM
the content above has a bottom-margin: 20px for the ul, in IE6 & IE7 it seems this isn't showing, its like the overflow(the overflow of the bottom-margin: 20px) of the content above isn't showing if you understand what i mean?

That seems to be margin-left, not -bottom, so that's not the issue...

nandahosting
08-04-2011, 01:21 AM
sorry i meant this line, if i remove the margin-bottom everything lines up the same in all browsers.

#fpreasons li {margin-bottom: 20px; float: left;}

Deep Thought
08-04-2011, 01:27 AM
sorry i meant this line, if i remove the margin-bottom everything lines up the same in all browsers.

#fpreasons li {margin-bottom: 20px; float: left;}

Right, that's not doing much in IE7.

Found a fix:
#fpreasons li
{
margin-bottom: 0;
padding-bottom: 20px;
}

Just stick those two rules in somewhere.

And if it matters, there's a typo in the paragraph
We hold monthly Competitions so that our customers can recieve rewards and further recognition for all their hard work."recieve" should be spelled "receive."

Hope that helps.

nandahosting
08-04-2011, 03:33 AM
thankyou, works perfect and thanks for the typo error that shouldn't of happened ... :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum