View Full Version : Forms Help!

07-17-2003, 07:16 PM
I am nearing the completion of my site, but I need help with just one more thing!

I have a form that needs to be sent to different people depending on the choice made by the user in a drop-down box. How would I do this? I'm not sure what I need as far as exact code...so does anyone have any ideas?:confused:

Lemme know if you need to see a working example!

07-17-2003, 07:40 PM

07-17-2003, 11:37 PM
:( :( :(

It's still not working...no matter what the crunk I do!
Please take a look at my source code to so what the matter is anyone! Go to http://www.webpropertiesinc.com and follow the nav bar to Forms>Potential Tenants>Commercial and click there. The page that loads is the one that I am talking about!
Please help! I'm so confused!:confused: :eek: :( :eek: :confused:

07-18-2003, 02:07 PM
There is no navbar. The only code on the page is:

07-18-2003, 05:16 PM
Oh, then your last post was probably past 5:00 PST...I have to take the site down after 5 every day before I do a final publish. Right now, I just publish daily for testing and help with stuff. It should be up now!

Sorry about that one!

07-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Yes, I see it now. You've done a nice job.

You'll need to execute the CheckIt function as well as the FrontPage_Form1_Validator function when the form is submitted. The easiest way is to change the last line at the end of the FrontPage_Form1_Validator function to:

&nbsp;return CheckIt();

07-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Please bear with me, I am still trying to wake up this morning:D

So lemme see if I got this:
I have to run both the FronPage Validator and the CheckIt() at the same time, right? Ok then,

"change the last line at the end of the FrontPage_Form1_Validator function to:

return CheckIt();"

Is the line that you want me to change
onSubmit="return FrontPage_form1_Validator(this)"
onSubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this) return CheckIt"

where exactly am I supposed to put the return CheckIt? Which lines am I supposed to replace?

Oh yes, and thanks for the compliment...I want to eventually do pure css, xhtml, and Flash...but that is a ways away:o ...

07-18-2003, 06:00 PM
You seem to be using FrontPage <opinion type="personal" content="yuck!" action="ignore"> to work on your site. You will probably have to switch to a text editor like notepad to do this. Find the beginning of your form, back up about six lines to the "return (true);" line, and replace it with "return CheckIt();" without quotes.

07-18-2003, 06:35 PM
I see exactly where you mean to insert the code! I think I'm getting this! The only problem is the sadist FrontPage Hussein keeps changing the code that I change when it publishes my page! I don't know how to upload it to my server anyother way...do you know a way around it?

Thanks for all your awesome help!

07-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Yes, don't use FrontPage.

How about a direct FTP to upload it?

07-18-2003, 10:30 PM
That is what I do with FrontPage, and it is the only way I know how to do it. How do I do a direct FTP? (Forgive me if I sound ignorant, but I am a newb. Pretty much all of my 150+ posts have been questions, save for about 30 in which i have offered opinions and helped out on a few things...)

Thanks! You are the first person who actually has had a clue about what to do in this situation!

07-23-2003, 02:01 PM
Please forgive the slowness of this response; I've been off on vacation.

How about reversing the two functions? Code the "form" tag to "return CheckIt();" and change the "CheckIt" function to run the other one.