View Full Version : does .js work if inside cgi even if browser has it switched off?

bazz
07-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Hi, I hope I am in the right forum.

I have doctored a .pl file and it now includes some javascript. What I need to know is if it will work where a user has their browser settings switched to javascript 'off'. I think I heard once that if the server processes it, then the browser settings are overridden?

thanks.

Roy Sinclair
07-17-2003, 07:34 PM
If the end-user has disabled javascript in their browser then nothing you can do from the server in a web page is going to turn it back on.

Ben@WEBProp
07-17-2003, 08:24 PM
There is always a way around it. Although in this case, most would call it "hacking" or "cracking", or "invasion of privacy", amidst other silly little names, it is possible to go around anything if you know how to do it.

This Public Service Announcment Has Been Brought To You By:
Ben@Webprop,
The Number 7,
The div tag,
and The Hexidecimal Color Table.

Roy Sinclair
07-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Ben@WEBProp
There is always a way around it. Although in this case, most would call it "hacking" or "cracking", or "invasion of privacy", amidst other silly little names, it is possible to go around anything if you know how to do it.

This Public Service Announcment Has Been Brought To You By:
Ben@Webprop,
The Number 7,
The div tag,
and The Hexidecimal Color Table.

If there's a way aorund it then it's first called a BUG in the browser, a hack or crack would be the method to exploit the bug. Yeah, it's just a slight semantics thing but it's important to recognize the source of problems.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum