View Full Version : $10 for solution

embeebutterly
07-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Ok guys, im willing to pay for the solution, got to get this site finished today!!

Im having some trouble with a site im working on. In a nutshell, im using a navigation bar with dropdown and JS Fadeshow. When using the navbar dropdown, it goes BEHIND the fade show. If anyone could advise it would be great! I didnt attach the code as i think the best thing to do is just take a look yourself. Its alhambrarenovations. COM Thanks in advance

Tell me what other info you need and i'll suply it.

Krupski
07-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Ok guys, im willing to pay for the solution, got to get this site finished today!!

Im having some trouble with a site im working on. In a nutshell, im using a navigation bar with dropdown and JS Fadeshow. When using the navbar dropdown, it goes BEHIND the fade show. If anyone could advise it would be great! I didnt attach the code as i think the best thing to do is just take a look yourself. Its alhambrarenovations. COM Thanks in advance

Tell me what other info you need and i'll suply it.

You may need to set z-index to keep your dropdown up front.

Oh and keep the $10. I'm rich.

embeebutterly
07-27-2011, 04:07 PM
tried that, not working i, afraid

Kor
07-27-2011, 04:09 PM
There is absolutely no way to put a drop down behind anything else. Change your design to avoid that super-impose aspect, or create a "fake" drop down" using some graphics, CSS and JavaScript.

Now, Krupski, nor you were even entitled for those 10 bucks :D. Anyway, I am also rich, so that I don't need them.;)

Krupski
07-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Now, Krupski, nor you were even entitled for those 10 bucks :D. Anyway, I am also rich, so that I don't need them.;)

I'm not really rich... it was just fun to say. ;)

embeebutterly
07-27-2011, 04:16 PM
There is absolutely no way to put a drop down behind anything else. Change your design to avoid that super-impose aspect, or create a "fake" drop down" using some graphics, CSS and JavaScript.

Excuse me both of you but im the one giving the $10 away so who's the rich one here! LOL

Seriously tho, im not trying to put it behind, im trying to bring it to the front! Just take a look and you will see what im on about

vwphillips
07-27-2011, 04:19 PM
posted in error

Logic Ali
07-27-2011, 04:20 PM
#mainshow {
position:relative;
z-index:0;

embeebutterly
07-27-2011, 04:25 PM
#mainshow {
position:relative;
z-index:0;

Smashing mate, i had z index 1 and 2 on the navbar!! Anyway cheers mate, pm your paypall addy!

Krupski
07-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Smashing mate, i had z index 1 and 2 on the navbar!! Anyway cheers mate, pm your paypall addy!

@KOR: Guess I was right after all about the z-index thing, huh? ;)

embeebutterly
07-27-2011, 05:05 PM

I suppose you where, its only fair that i keep to my word, ... your Paypal email too!

Krupski
07-27-2011, 06:09 PM
I suppose you where, its only fair that i keep to my word, ... your Paypal email too!

No need. I'm rich! http://www.gunsnet.net/images/smilies/laughingtohard.gif

(you could click the "Thank You" button though... ) :)

Kor
07-27-2011, 07:35 PM
It depends on the browser.

Initially (an logically) a drop down was designed in HTML to cover everything. I doubt that a simple CSS solution will break that rule in all the browsers.

Usually I overpass this problem by giving that drop down a display:none whenever I start a JavaScript feature which might cover it. And restore its display when that over-imposed element is to be hidden.

Old Pedant
07-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Kor's solution is the only thing that works in MSIE 6 and below.

Of course, not many people use MSIE 6 and below any more. Thank goodness.

Krupski
07-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Kor's solution is the only thing that works in MSIE 6 and below.

Of course, not many people use MSIE 6 and below any more. Thank goodness.

Yes but does it work in Lynx?

http://three-dog.homelinux.com/images/screenshot.jpg

:D

Logic Ali
08-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Smashing mate, i had z index 1 and 2 on the navbar!! Anyway cheers mate, pm your paypall addy!Let it be known that this individual honoured his pledge.

Old Pedant
08-06-2011, 01:29 AM
And lest some of you think post #15 is a joke...

I have a blind friend who still uses Lynx with a one-line 40-character braille "display". You know, the little pins pop up so that he can read 40 characters at a time.

Needless to say, most web pages are worthless to him.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum