PDA

View Full Version : Very Simple Website (I think)

inyip
07-19-2011, 02:38 AM
I've been dealing with various people for the past few months on the same basic website project, but I'll skip all the gory inconsequential details.

I need help with - I need someone to make - a simple three or four page website for a business I'm trying to start.

I have all the content written, and mostly html formatted, as far as I am able, which isn't very far.

I want to provide computer cleanup help, so the site just needs to have a home page that directs them to either the info page, or the contact form page and be as simple/portable as possible.

I would also like a recommendation or two for a web host.

PM me with a rough quote or for more information (I can provide the content/web page .zip if you need it)

Fumigator
07-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Do you need a "designer"? or a "developer"? The difference is, a designer would tackle the graphics, the CSS, the HTML, everything to make your website look a certain way. A developer would create the functionality of your website-- process your contact form, create a storefront with shopping cart, create a register/login area, stuff like that.

Some people are able to do a good job with both of those things but most people are good with one of those things and not so much the other.

inyip
07-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Do you need a "designer"? or a "developer"? The difference is, a designer would tackle the graphics, the CSS, the HTML, everything to make your website look a certain way. A developer would create the functionality of your website-- process your contact form, create a storefront with shopping cart, create a register/login area, stuff like that.

Some people are able to do a good job with both of those things but most people are good with one of those things and not so much the other.

Given your definitions, I need someone who is better as a "designer."

My needs are so simple, as far as I can tell, that either would work, though.

inyip
08-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately, I can no longer edit my original post. I'm in the final selection process for this project. I'm hoping it will be resolved, soon.

This project has been resolved.