View Full Version : Scroll bar Firefox vs Safari

07-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Hello! Can anyone tell me why this scroll bar is not appearing in Firefox, but is totally fine in Safari!!! I will be eternally grateful.

This is driving me crazy!!

(The scroll is in the "spotlight" section)

Thank you!!!!!!!

07-18-2011, 05:32 PM
I havent had time to test this but it might have something to do with in your html you actually have your overflow set to hidden.

<div id="spotlight">
<div id="spotlight_head"><span class="spotlight_header">*Spotlight</span></div>
<object type="text/html" data="spotlight.html" style="width:260px; height:340px; margin:1%; overflow:hidden;"></object>

Change that to overflow:auto; and see what happens. Like I said I havent tested but that was something I saw right away.

07-18-2011, 05:51 PM
That's for the parent page, and I don't want that scroll bar to be visible...there is a scroll bar on the object page, which controls yet another object. The 2nd page scroll is the one that's disappearing. Thanks!

07-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Anyone else have any idea? I'm still stumped!

07-18-2011, 09:47 PM
nvm i get it now

try fixing your errors that you already have:

#mycustomscroll {
/* Typical fixed height and fixed width example */
width: 200px;
height: 280px;
overflow: auto;
/* IE overflow fix, position must be relative or absolute*/
position: relative;
background-color: #52c0bc;
margin: 0.3 em auto;
top: 60px;
padding-top: 0px;
padding-left: 15px;
padding-right: 15px;

3em not 3 em

07-18-2011, 10:01 PM
from what i see, you probably forgot to close or left off an end tag
Iv never used an object with an object, but there could be a chance that you can not do that. Kind of like how you cant put a <!-- --> within a <!-- -->

this is firefox's inspect element, as you can see there is nothing in the object which means what I stated above.

There is also a chance that the server did not completely upload the files, which would be an issue you have to work out with your service provider (not likely in this case)

07-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Thank you all. I cleaned up the code, and got rid of the object within the object, but the scroll still isn't showing up in Firefox!!! The thing is, I had this working perfectly before I made some minor changes to the object, and the changes to the projects.html page were minial. I just still can't figure out why what it is!!