View Full Version : Pure CSS 'Lightbox' Image Viewer

Daniel_A_Varney
07-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Please check out my 'faux Lightbox' and let me know what you think. It uses CSS only. No Javascript and no hacks.

http://www.tengunade.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/adedaniel/gallery_airbrush.html

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Sammy12
07-14-2011, 07:43 AM
looks great man. your css is definetly improving. your just using a:hover bg color different though :P #cebfae

you probably want to make the header "adrian daniel" a link to your homepage. you can use <a href="/tengunade.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk"></a>

awesome work

Daniel_A_Varney
07-14-2011, 08:27 AM
looks great man. your css is definetly improving.
Thanks very much! I'm glad I persevered.

your just using a:hover bg color different though :P #cebfae
Sorry, don't quite understand...? I made a background hover for the links in the right hand column but I don't want that on my inline links, which occur in paragraphs. I appreciate links should be consistent sitewise, but I think for the sake of aesthetics, it works in this instance.

you probably want to make the header "adrian daniel" a link to your homepage. you can use <a href="/tengunade.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk"></a>

Yes, good idea! I will do that.

Cheers.

alykins
07-14-2011, 05:26 PM
i like the manson pic... btw GET YOU OTHER IMAGES WORKING!!! lol i keep trying to check out ur work and all i get is little thumbs of invalidness :( (basically saying i think ur work is pretty kicking from what I've seen and would like to see more :thumbsup:)

Daniel_A_Varney
07-14-2011, 08:42 PM
i like the manson pic... btw GET YOU OTHER IMAGES WORKING!!! lol i keep trying to check out ur work and all i get is little thumbs of invalidness :( (basically saying i think ur work is pretty kicking from what I've seen and would like to see more :thumbsup:)

Thanks! :)

So what images can you and can't you see? I have updated the gallery of airbrush paintings and there's many more to come. You should be able to view six in total, so far. I hope you can see them!

http://www.tengunade.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/adedaniel/gallery_airbrush.html

Feedback appreciated. :thumbsup:

Adrian

alykins
07-14-2011, 08:51 PM
yeah the airbrushes are good... my favorite mediums are pencil/pastels so i was trying to view those... what pastels do you work with? my favorite are (i forget their "name") but they are similar to an oil pastel, but then you can go through with water and blend to make water-color-ish look... they're nifty :D i also wanted to look at ur prelim sketches... i say pencil/pastel is my favorite, but i guess i should note that my absolute favorite aesteticly is gray-scale (i guess i should include charcoal in there too then huh)... so since a lot of prelim sketches have the "color" i like and usually have a rigidity/edgyness feel to them (idk if that was correct terminology lol) i wanted to check them as well :D
side note: did he pose for that or did u just paint it? ie am i going to be uber jealous bc u got to meet/chat w/ him? o.O

Daniel_A_Varney
07-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks alykins. It's nice to know someone wants to look at my work so much they will bemoan a dead link :)

I've been through my old pencil drawings and decided they're decidedly sub-standard, so, with the exception of just a couple, I won't be including them on my site after all. There now aren't enough to warrant a seperate section for pencil & pastels so, on my new site, I'm going to make a general 'paintings' section instead. If you want to see my older works, take a look at my old site...

http://www.tengunade.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/2d-pages/2d-intro.html

Cheers

Adrian

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum