View Full Version : I need a 2nd set of eyes, cannot find where this height is being set!

07-14-2011, 01:15 AM

I have this header I'm working on and it consists of a logo, a random quote and weather. The div is width 960px and height 210px.

I'm using a table since I wanted the quote to be centered vertically. I tried several different methods and none worked for me.

If you head to http://rawmeat.handlersspot.net and look at box.html - that's were I started my concept to see if it would work with out putting a whole lot in to it.

Then I ported over my idea to index1.html - but when you look at that the quote and the weather are not conforming to the 210px height I gave them in the CSS. It's more like 428px and I've pretty much looked through everything, even did a search of all my files for 428px. Can't find it. Messing with the margins/padding don't move it either.

I just hope a 2nd set of eyes can spot something I missed. :(

Thanks for the help if you can!

07-14-2011, 01:29 AM
Search for, and remove, vertical-align: baseline; (in the reset stylesheet), or reset the reset for table cells to top, middle, or bottom.

07-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Thank you sir!

I saw that in firebug. But it had a line through it so I was under the impression that, that style was being overriden.

But sure enough I commented that out and BAM everything snapped back up. Guess there's something I don't quiet understand about firebug! :eek: