View Full Version : Line grows under text on roll over, perhaps using a script?

Mike Walker
07-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Hey!

I was looking for some help using javascript or css animation to get the appearance of a line growing underneath a text link.

So, it says basically "Introduction"

And you put your mouse over it and a red underline grows from the left to the right of the text.

I thought I would use gifs to do this but I realized the web load speed would be... poor to say the least.

My proposal is that I use 2 images, one just text the other with a red underline, then using animation or css or something have it cover the lineless image from left to right, appearing to slow underline it.

Thanks for the help!
I've tried a couple things but they all seem poor...

It also doesn't help I can't figure out what kind of transition this is called for googling...

Mike Walker
07-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Bring Up My Post

alykins
07-22-2011, 06:50 AM
this can't be done via CSS alone.... it either is or it isn't... you need to do javascript to animate it

vikram1vicky
07-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Hey!

I was looking for some help using javascript or css animation to get the appearance of a line growing underneath a text link.

So, it says basically "Introduction"

And you put your mouse over it and a red underline grows from the left to the right of the text.

I thought I would use gifs to do this but I realized the web load speed would be... poor to say the least.

My proposal is that I use 2 images, one just text the other with a red underline, then using animation or css or something have it cover the lineless image from left to right, appearing to slow underline it.

Thanks for the help!
I've tried a couple things but they all seem poor...

It also doesn't help I can't figure out what kind of transition this is called for googling...

Use jQuery, it is best option for web animations. jQuery is cross browser compatible and easy to use and modify.

Refer http://api.jquery.com/animate/ link for detail.

Let me know if you need any help with jQuery.... :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum