View Full Version : Passing Javascript Replace function as an argument of user defined function

kmr.siva
07-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi,

I am facing a problem in passing replace() function as an argument in user defined java function, can any one help me how to resolve it?

intention is to pass a file path to my user defined function, but before passing the path i want to replace the character '\' to '\\'

I am posting my javascript function here:

<a href="#" onclick="OpenDocPreview('<%# Eval("PATH")%>'.replace(/\\/g,"\\\\"), '<%# Eval("Filename")%>')"><%# Eval("DocTitle") %></a>

function OpenDocPreview(url, docname) {
alert('message from search base : ' + url + ' ' + docname);
}

thank you,

BulletTimeBill
07-12-2011, 10:29 AM
You need to look at attaching event handlers (http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events_advanced.html) rather than relying on "onclick".

kmr.siva
07-12-2011, 10:36 AM
thank you for your suggestion, but i am getting a syntax error. i think the argument i am passing have some error.

BulletTimeBill
07-12-2011, 10:46 AM
I meant you have to use those to solve this problem. replace(/\\/g,"\\\\") isn't going to do anything. The first parameter expects a string or regex pattern as a variable. You've given it /\\/g, which is, as far as the function is concerned, gibberish.

Edit, also, it probably needs to look more like /\\\\/g anyway. I'm not sure, I hate regular expressions, but your backslashes probably need to be escaped.

kmr.siva
07-12-2011, 11:10 AM
yes i got your point. Can you provide some sample code to solve this issue by using event handler, as you mentioned.

thank you,

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum