View Full Version : Going to a chromeless from a redirect in formmail?

G E C K O 5
07-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to go to a chromeless window upon submitting through formmail?

Specifically, i would like to have on submit, have the page redirected to the home page (Not a problem, will use

"<input TYPE="hidden" NAME="redirect" VALUE="XXXX" "

However i would also love to have a chromeless window appear as well to thank the user for submitting their information.

What i was thinking was something along the lines of onSubmit, load the home page and then a chromeless, which on load fires a timed close window function. I guess this would work, however i would have to create two home pages, one used normally and then another to address having the chromeless open onLoad...

Would this work?

It's the only way i can think of ....

Any help would be a bonus :)

Cheers,
G5

G E C K O 5
07-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Sorry.. I meant to ask.. Are chromeless sizeable to say the size of a smaller popup?

Arctic Fox
07-11-2003, 11:58 PM
Chromeless windows are resizable down to (I think) 50x50px.

Remember, though, that Microbians Chromeless windows do not work on Internet Explorer 6.0 with ServicePack1 installed (updated). I'm thinking, also, that WindowsXP has IE6.0 w/SP1 already on the system, so again this will not work.

Chromeless windows on these systems will be shown fullscreen.

Your best option is to either detect the IE 2600/2800 difference, or just open a standard window using javascript&#58;window.open.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum