View Full Version : ShoeScript is attacking JavaScript!

Hamza7
07-04-2011, 11:11 PM
It seems that ShoeScripters (shoes sellers) are attacking programming forums, especially JavaScript forums.
Last week, somebody posted in the DOM forum 2 ads about selling shoes, and now, I found another ad in UserScripts.org forums, see this http://userscripts.org/topics/78651 and many other comments by a user that creates many accounts, see UserScripts forums for more information.
So, what happened to programming forums? will they disappear with these spammers?

ShoeScript is a name inspired by a CodingForums user, sorry I forgot his name!

Fou-Lu
07-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Is this spam?
Nothing will happen to programming forums. I probably ban an average of 5 users daily, its just a part of being a forum.

Hamza7
07-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Is this spam?
Nothing will happen to programming forums. I probably ban an average of 5 users daily, its just a part of being a forum.
Wow 5 users a day! I didn't know that!

Fou-Lu
07-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Wow 5 users a day! I didn't know that!

Thats just me. There are a lot more mods that do plenty as well.

grittykitty
07-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Fou-Lu, I used to use vBulletin and UBB WAAAAYYY back when... but I was wondering: does vB have any sort of built-in protection against these supposed "white/black hat" spammers?

If that makes any sense... Allow me to elaborate:

I'm guessing these guys use some sort of automated script/app to do the posts. What I've noticed on various forums is that they not only post one thing with a slew of keyworded text but somehow they post replies to their own thread under a different name.

Does vB do a good job of catching MOST or ANY of these?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum