View Full Version : 2 questions

syco__
07-04-2011, 12:40 PM
1. I am in the midst of making a website and doing a few things but am thinking of adding a log in section for members can i put a password directly on a video file? or do i have to do it to the page?

2. Also looking for a good provider to upload my site to, what does everything suggest for this?

Thanks

Philip M
07-04-2011, 12:48 PM
A) Your questions have nothing whatsoever to do with Javascript.

B) Do please read the posting guidelines regarding silly thread titles. The thread title is supposed to help people who have a similar problem in future. Yours is useless for this purpose. You can (and should) edit it to make it more meaningful.

It is your responsibility to die() if necessary….. - PHP Manual

syco__
07-04-2011, 12:59 PM
so the password set up isnt to do with Javascript?

Philip M
07-04-2011, 03:59 PM
so the password set up isnt to do with Javascript?

No. Passwords involving Javascript are hopelessly insecure and hence pointless.

bullant
07-04-2011, 09:35 PM
1. I am in the midst of making a website and doing a few things but am thinking of adding a log in section for members can i put a password directly on a video file? or do i have to do it to the page?

Yes you can. If you want to use javascript to password protect the video file then I would recommend using ajax, which is essentially doing it server side (where it should be done) but without a page refresh. But you would have to have a plan B for javascript disabled browsers.

2. Also looking for a good provider to upload my site to, what does everything suggest for this?

I'd suggest looking at Awardspace (see my signature)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum