PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

syco__
07-04-2011, 12:40 PM
1. I am in the midst of making a website and doing a few things but am thinking of adding a log in section for members can i put a password directly on a video file? or do i have to do it to the page?

2. Also looking for a good provider to upload my site to, what does everything suggest for this?

Thanks

Philip M
07-04-2011, 12:48 PM
A) Your questions have nothing whatsoever to do with Javascript.

B) Do please read the posting guidelines regarding silly thread titles. The thread title is supposed to help people who have a similar problem in future. Yours is useless for this purpose. You can (and should) edit it to make it more meaningful.

It is your responsibility to die() if necessary….. - PHP Manual

syco__
07-04-2011, 12:59 PM
so the password set up isnt to do with Javascript?

Philip M
07-04-2011, 03:59 PM
so the password set up isnt to do with Javascript?

No. Passwords involving Javascript are hopelessly insecure and hence pointless.

bullant
07-04-2011, 09:35 PM
1. I am in the midst of making a website and doing a few things but am thinking of adding a log in section for members can i put a password directly on a video file? or do i have to do it to the page?

Yes you can. If you want to use javascript to password protect the video file then I would recommend using ajax, which is essentially doing it server side (where it should be done) but without a page refresh. But you would have to have a plan B for javascript disabled browsers.

2. Also looking for a good provider to upload my site to, what does everything suggest for this?

I'd suggest looking at Awardspace (see my signature)