View Full Version : Scrollbar Issue

sweetAileen
06-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Could someone please please help me?

My site is www.sweet.ie

I'm trying to get rid of the scrollbars as I want the scrolling to be done as per the JQuery (people keep trying to use the regular scrollbars and telling me theres something wrong with the site).

If I put overflow:hidden; in the Body style the site doesnt' work in IE 9 and below + Firefox. So i've taken it out and the scrollbars are there :(

What do I do? I'm not a crazy programmer, i'm more on the design end of things. Banging head against the wall isn't helping. I did post before when the site wasn't even coming up in IE or PC Firefox and taking out the overflow:hidden worked to get it to show up in all browsers, just these damn scrollbars are wrecking my head now.

If anyone could help me I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Aileen

Apostropartheid
06-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Could someone please please help me?

My site is www.sweet.ie

I'm trying to get rid of the scrollbars as I want the scrolling to be done as per the JQuery (people keep trying to use the regular scrollbars and telling me theres something wrong with the site).

If I put overflow:hidden; in the Body style the site doesnt' work in IE 9 and below + Firefox. So i've taken it out and the scrollbars are there :(

What do I do? I'm not a crazy programmer, i'm more on the design end of things. Banging head against the wall isn't helping. I did post before when the site wasn't even coming up in IE or PC Firefox and taking out the overflow:hidden worked to get it to show up in all browsers, just these damn scrollbars are wrecking my head now.

If anyone could help me I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Aileen

What scrollbars?

teedoff
06-30-2011, 02:44 PM
What scrollbars?

Yes, I too am trying to figure out where the scroll bars are. I can tell you this, in FF 3.6, I dont see scrollbars, but a bit of your page is cut off at the bottom.

alykins
06-30-2011, 10:21 PM
these scroll bars...
Thanx again Aileen for response to PM,
I'm looking into this issue as well but prob wont be able to really give it a go till tomorrow, I am slammed atm and have had a day from -- ... but i wanted to help these guys help u out esp since u got back to me and such ;)

Rowsdower!
06-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I see the scroll bars, too.

Just farting around here, but this worked for me:

#wrap {
height:800px;
overflow:hidden;
top:0;
width:1022px;
}

Apostropartheid
07-01-2011, 01:53 PM
these scroll bars...
Thanx again Aileen for response to PM,
I'm looking into this issue as well but prob wont be able to really give it a go till tomorrow, I am slammed atm and have had a day from -- ... but i wanted to help these guys help u out esp since u got back to me and such ;)

I see the scroll bars, too.

Just farting around here, but this worked for me:

#wrap {
height:800px;
overflow:hidden;
top:0;
width:1022px;
}

Those were most definitely not there before, and teedoff didn't see them either. Was it somehow fixed and reverted?

teedoff
07-01-2011, 01:55 PM
These were most definitely not there before. Was it somehow fixed and reverted?

lol I think the OP went back and changed something, because when I went back to the page there were scroll bars a few minutes later.

Still, with the current styles, the page is cut off in FF anyway. So there may be other issues you need to address.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum