PDA

View Full Version : Scrollbar Issue

sweetAileen
06-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Could someone please please help me?

My site is www.sweet.ie

I'm trying to get rid of the scrollbars as I want the scrolling to be done as per the JQuery (people keep trying to use the regular scrollbars and telling me theres something wrong with the site).

If I put overflow:hidden; in the Body style the site doesnt' work in IE 9 and below + Firefox. So i've taken it out and the scrollbars are there :(

What do I do? I'm not a crazy programmer, i'm more on the design end of things. Banging head against the wall isn't helping. I did post before when the site wasn't even coming up in IE or PC Firefox and taking out the overflow:hidden worked to get it to show up in all browsers, just these damn scrollbars are wrecking my head now.

If anyone could help me I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Aileen

Apostropartheid
06-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Could someone please please help me?

My site is www.sweet.ie

I'm trying to get rid of the scrollbars as I want the scrolling to be done as per the JQuery (people keep trying to use the regular scrollbars and telling me theres something wrong with the site).

If I put overflow:hidden; in the Body style the site doesnt' work in IE 9 and below + Firefox. So i've taken it out and the scrollbars are there :(

What do I do? I'm not a crazy programmer, i'm more on the design end of things. Banging head against the wall isn't helping. I did post before when the site wasn't even coming up in IE or PC Firefox and taking out the overflow:hidden worked to get it to show up in all browsers, just these damn scrollbars are wrecking my head now.

If anyone could help me I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Aileen

What scrollbars?

teedoff
06-30-2011, 02:44 PM
What scrollbars?

Yes, I too am trying to figure out where the scroll bars are. I can tell you this, in FF 3.6, I dont see scrollbars, but a bit of your page is cut off at the bottom.

alykins
06-30-2011, 10:21 PM
these scroll bars...
Thanx again Aileen for response to PM,
I'm looking into this issue as well but prob wont be able to really give it a go till tomorrow, I am slammed atm and have had a day from -- ... but i wanted to help these guys help u out esp since u got back to me and such ;)

Rowsdower!
06-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I see the scroll bars, too.

Just farting around here, but this worked for me:

#wrap {
height:800px;
overflow:hidden;
top:0;
width:1022px;
}

Apostropartheid
07-01-2011, 01:53 PM
these scroll bars...
Thanx again Aileen for response to PM,
I'm looking into this issue as well but prob wont be able to really give it a go till tomorrow, I am slammed atm and have had a day from -- ... but i wanted to help these guys help u out esp since u got back to me and such ;)

I see the scroll bars, too.

Just farting around here, but this worked for me:

#wrap {
height:800px;
overflow:hidden;
top:0;
width:1022px;
}

Those were most definitely not there before, and teedoff didn't see them either. Was it somehow fixed and reverted?

teedoff
07-01-2011, 01:55 PM
These were most definitely not there before. Was it somehow fixed and reverted?

lol I think the OP went back and changed something, because when I went back to the page there were scroll bars a few minutes later.

Still, with the current styles, the page is cut off in FF anyway. So there may be other issues you need to address.