View Full Version : IE 5.0 - fatal error - submitting inlog form

07-10-2003, 01:07 PM

When using a wrong character (defined and checked) in one of the 2 input-fields from my inlog-form, 70% of the time IE 5.0 shows a fatal error message.

Submitting by button or <enter> gives the same result.

I check like:

var vm141;
return false;
//something else

form looks like:

<form name="formsignin" onSubmit="fm14(); return false">
<input type="text" maxlength="20" name="m1" class="signin" tabindex="5"></input>
<input type="password" maxlength="20" name="m2" class="signin" tabindex="6"></input>
<input type="submit" class="signin" value="GO" tabindex="7"></input></form>

Thanks for Your time!

07-10-2003, 03:18 PM
I might be "oldfashioned" or I have not learn enough, but something looks peculiar for me in your syntax...

As far as I know, if it is JavaScript, your function fm14() called onsubmit should have been defined something like

function fm14() {

Now, if your variable vm141... hm, if you want that to be a string, than write it as a string, not as an argument or as a digit/number:

"/^[a-zA-Z0-9]{6,}$/", with quotes...

On the other hand, some charcters like ;/ }$ ".... are used by javascript as operators or reserved language marks, so if you insert them without quote them, might have errors...

As far as I know.

07-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Hi Kor,

You are right about the function declaration, I left it out the thread, but it's there.

Concerning the string You mentioned, it's a variabel regular expression to test the input characters, it's very easy to use them, see also the Javascript Kit Tutorial

Thanks for Your reply,