View Full Version : A script that will auto respond to a form ~ is there such a thing (free)

Jeepers
07-18-2002, 10:47 PM
OK here we go. I have a form with about 30 - 40 check boxes, each indicating a particular word or PDF file that the user can request to download. I currently reply to these manually by attaching each requested file to a separate e-mail. Things are starting to hot up and I am now spending too much time replying. Is there a script available that would be able to reply automatically for me using a ready-made template for each file or something like that. Obviously I would probably have to re-write the form and upload all the articles to my web host, which is no problem. I have been searching various script sites but can't find anything like this. My web host uses Perl on an NT server and I currently use FormMail to forward the form to me by email.

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

MCookie
07-18-2002, 11:37 PM
Hi Jeepers, have you seen this one:
http://www.sylconia.com/scripts/fileresponder.shtml

Jeepers
07-19-2002, 12:16 AM
Thanks, I'll have a look at that. About ten mins after posting I found MailFile2 by the same person who wrote FormMail which also looks as if it might do the job as well.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum