View Full Version : Login Permalink/URL Slug WP

05-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I am currently working on my very first project (business) in Wordpress, I have made most of the customising and changes that I want but there remains a little bit of tweaking to do.

LOGIN: Does anyone know how to change the default WP login slug (i.e www.mydomain.com/wp-login.php to www.mydomain.com/login)

I have tried endlessly to make changes to no avail. Everywhere I read recommends to "add" a rewrite rule to the ".htaccess" file- but I cannot find this file anywhere!

I host the site with CrazyDomains, which uses a cPanel v2.0. I had a look through their FTP file manager but cannot find anything to do with .htaccess

Is there another way of

1. Changing the URL slug or
2. Finding how I can access and view the .htaccess file? (so that I can make the necessary rewrites if this is the only option)?

Thanks very much for your help.

05-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Do you have an htaccess file in the root of your site . Do you have any rules written in it by wordpress?

05-27-2011, 05:07 AM
Yes I have the .htaccess file available, sorry its been a few days to reply, I only just switched hosting providers because the last provider couldnt show me the htaccess file.

THis is currently what's in the file: (After all the gobbledigook about allow/limit etc)

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^login/?$ /wp-login.php [QSA,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

# END WordPress

So what do I need or what am I missing?

thanks again