View Full Version : Data extraction and auto forum posts

pierre23
05-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to extract data from an external website and 'auto post' this data into a forum. The auto-post function would create a new topic and fill that topic with the relevant data extracted from the external website.

I realize if this were possible that it would involve some serious php/other language programming. However I would like to first know if this is possible before trying to source a programmer capable of doing this.

thank you

Pierre

Fumigator
05-19-2011, 03:25 PM
So, you want to automate the spamming of a forum? Do you realize we here at CF despise this kind of thing and work hard to keep spam out of this very forum? So if we were to help you in any way with your evil plans, it would be like giving aid and comfort to the enemy? Which in some countries is a crime of treason punishable by DEATH!??

So, no, you can't do it. Can't be done. Go in peace, maintain good business ethics, and you will have a happy life.

SlayerACC
05-19-2011, 04:39 PM
It is possible.

I work at a dealership, and you require the permission from the company that you are pulling the data from before you proceed with any other steps.

S.

oracleguy
05-19-2011, 10:20 PM
So, you want to automate the spamming of a forum? Do you realize we here at CF despise this kind of thing and work hard to keep spam out of this very forum? So if we were to help you in any way with your evil plans, it would be like giving aid and comfort to the enemy? Which in some countries is a crime of treason punishable by DEATH!??

So, no, you can't do it. Can't be done. Go in peace, maintain good business ethics, and you will have a happy life.
What he said.

pierre23
05-20-2011, 05:22 AM

Actually you're quite off the mark in my intentions (although I can see from my first post one may have gotten that impression as maybe I wasnt as clear...).

I actually want to extract specific data off a website and auto-post it on my forum. Ideally I would run the script once a day to extract any new data and then it would autopost to the forum, creating a new thread for each subject.

If someone could point me in the right direction in regard to the programming language best suited for this type of task, possible costs involved in getting something made for this and/or if there is already something similar out there already I would be grateful.

thanks

Pierre

pierre23
05-20-2011, 05:24 AM
It is possible.

I work at a dealership, and you require the permission from the company that you are pulling the data from before you proceed with any other steps.

S.

Yes of course, I wouldn't want to breach any copyright. If it's not too much to ask, perhaps you can fill me in on how this can be achieved?

thank you

regards
Pierre

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum