View Full Version : "NoNonsense Forum" - have a look at it.

05-11-2011, 07:08 AM

No Database
All data is just RSS. Starting a new thread just creates a new RSS feed. Replying just adds an item to the feed.
No Registration, No Login
I just want to talk, I donít want to go through registration and e-mail confirmation and logging in each time.

05-11-2011, 07:54 PM
It's naive for them to believe they will not get pounded under by spam.

05-25-2011, 12:54 PM
It is an intriguing concept though. On the spam blocking bit, you can't really fault his/her thinking as such. The normal approaches do only tend to have a limited lifespan. A possibly new approach could be worthy of keeping an eye upon, although I'd guess that it's just along the lines of honeypots, hidden input fields etc.

05-30-2011, 01:34 AM

I really didn't get the point.... Your link is broken I think.... :)

05-31-2011, 06:47 AM
I really didn't get the point.... Your link is broken I think.... :)

No...no it isn't. It is a link to forum software that doesn't require registration or usernames.

Amanda Griffin
06-21-2011, 07:53 AM
erm... what's this all about? sorry i'm new here...

07-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Definitely unique but you may get a lot of unwanted visitors.

08-18-2011, 08:40 PM
who has time to monitor spam though?? I can think of many other more productive things to do.

08-19-2011, 02:09 AM
I don't see the big problem with email verification and logging in. When you register, you verify your email once only. It isn't that much of an inconvenience, especially since I have my email always open anyway. I have to login to use this forum - makes sure I'm a REAL person, not using some anonymous alias that could maybe steal someone else's identity. Is there anything to stop someone on that forum posting using my nick, after I've posted using it? Their method serves no relation to identity and individuality - it's basically a glorified guest book.

Also, you can click 'remember me' to stay logged in to most places. Or, your browser will remember your username and password anyway.

Don't see the point - it's taken out the features that make discussion places clean, safe and moderated and most importantly - a preservation of individual expression.

09-16-2011, 05:17 AM
There'll be way too much spam. I don't think it would work but it's definitely worth a try.

09-26-2011, 02:41 PM
It sounds like spamming and I don't think it would be a good idea. I have found Google getting very fussy about spamming. I know I've tried some stupid services and have been hurt very badly. Not a good idea as far as I'm concerned.

09-27-2011, 11:14 PM
I agree with OQuotes.

Thanks for share :)

10-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the info. Will check it out. Hopefully it works. If it does it would definitely save a lot of time.

10-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Very Innovative concept. Very Similar to Guest Blogging no? :)