View Full Version : How does my version of Visual Studio look like this?

NKeuxmuis
04-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Why does my Visual Studio version look nothing like this picture?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/VisualStudio2010.png

My version does not have a toolbox on the left hand side or the visual display on top. I would like these things so I can easily drag and drop controls like buttons, labels etc but at the minute I am having to do everything by code. This kind of takes the whole aspect of visual away from the software. How do I make my version of visual studio look like the pic? I have tried view> toolbars > ... but none of the right screens come up. I am using Visual Studio Express

Mike_O
04-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey NKeuxmuis,

It should all be there under View. For example, to bring up the control toolbox, whose controls you can drag and drop, go to View->ToolBox. Likewise, there are shortcut buttons through which you can open all these windows. They should be located around the top-right corner, and I can even see them in the very image you attached (including that pesky ToolBox)

Don't resort to generating controls programmatically by yourself, lol. Just browse around and get a little bit more familiar with the environment, that's all. It's all there. :-)

Regards,
Mike

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum