View Full Version : setup simple file browsing

darkapec
04-21-2011, 01:34 AM
Hello,

Simple question. I would like to be able to browse a directory (like when you go to a directory without a index.html) however when someone clicks on a media file I would like it to open in my custom web player. Any Ideas? Is this possible?

I have attempted to create a php file browsing system but it is becoming such a pain in the a$$. Ideally I would like to be able to create and index.html with a css so its not just plain white background, but I am looking to keep the file tree browse-able. Hopefully most of you know what I am trying to say. I feel like I am tripping over my tongue quite a bit here.

Thanks
Jake

munkeyboy
04-21-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm far from an expert but without some way to capture the user before they access the media file there won't be a way to redirect them. Using the PHP filesystem functions (http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.filesystem.php) you should be able to write an index that will give you a directory listing of whatever directory you specify, then when the user clicks on the link to the media file redirect them to the page with your player.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum