View Full Version : IE7 Bug Flash SWF objects

venom6pak
04-15-2011, 11:43 PM
hi guys hope you can help me with this problem i have been trying to fix a few bugs in explorer 7, my site works fine in all browsers inc explorer 8 but not 7

ive managed to use some css hacks to specificly target IE7 and was successful at re-styling my bugs using this method :)

eg..

/*\*/
html*#container {
]width: 1000px;
]height: 1000px;
]margin: 0 auto;
]position: relative;
]z-index: 4;
}/**/
.dummyend[id]{clear:both/*end fix using dummy attribute selector for IE5 mac, else error in CSS occurs!*/}

the extra charachters mean explorer 8 and other newer browers ignore the styles but the problem browser ie7 uses these styles instead

the problem is guys is that now i have one more bug it involves a 1000width container with 2 seperate swfs 200px wide that float outside of the container left and right either side its a nice effect and it works well in all browsers i have set each element with z-index so when i shrink the screen to simulate a smaller resolution of a user the swfs slide behind the container so as not to hide the site

but in ie7 the swfs once reaching the edge of the container after i reduce the window size push the container down out of the way as there is no longer 1000px width :( instead of sliding behind like in all other browsers inc ie8 :( and so the site becomes truly broken :(

can anyone help me with a solution to this as me and the client would both like to keep the animated bubbles effect for the prototype scuba diving site in question

www.deansignori.com/divers/index.php

plz delete url if ive broke a rule just thought ppl would have a better idea of the problem if they could see it.

the problem occurs only in ie7, im using ie8 but if i press compatibility view it renders as ie7 and i get the ie7 bugs

plz advise this is a real head scratcher :):thumbsup:

venom6pak
05-20-2011, 03:28 AM
what no ones come accross this problem before? i cannot resolve it, when i specificily try to target ie7 with seperate stylesheet it seems to ignore ie7styles and carry on with the problem stylesheet

below did not seem to do anything >>
<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<!--[if IE 7]>

<script type="text/javascript">

$(function() {
var zIndexNumber = 500;
$('div').each(function() {
$(this).css('zIndex', zIndexNumber);
zIndexNumber -= 5;
});
});

</script>
<![endif]-->

and <!--[if IE]> ie7stylesheet URL <![endif]-->