View Full Version : Meta tags - Need SEO Advice

tkm76
04-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi all,

I'm having a small website with 4 pages. The website also includes two language versions of the content. I would like to have only my index.php pages indexed in search engines such as Google. One per each language. Do you think this is a good practice? And can you please tell me do I need to have the same meta tags on every page, regardless of its content?

Thanks in advance,
TKM

teedoff
04-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Not sure I understand your question.

If you want to block pages from being indexed, you'll need to place a small file called robots.txt(google it) on your server and block which ever pages you dont want indexed.

So if you're going to block all but the index page, what does it matter what keywords and meta tags are on those pages?

But generally, include all the site relative keywords for every page. For each page, you can include page specific keywords as well. Heading tags, image filenames, image alt tags, and page content are also very important in what is seen by the crawlers.

maloney
04-14-2011, 12:19 AM
Allow Google to index all pages (the more pages you have the better) and use different key phrases for each page, and in your case you also use different languages for the key phrases.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum