View Full Version : Difference with screen size

Aurora.Light
04-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Hey guys,
so when I resize a browser screen, certain things are messed up. for instance, if I use text-align: right, whenever I decrease the size of the browser, the text is ALWAYS on the right. Should I use position: relative instead? Are there any drawbacks with using position:relative?

abduraooft
04-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Can we have a link to your page? It's hard to say anything about your page/code without having a glance at it.

LearningCoder
04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Ah I had a very similar problem before. I think I remember the problem to be myself setting the body width to 100% rather than using pixels. I'll post my code here so you can compare your code with mine.

html {background-image: URL("images/backPattern.png");
background-color: #232210;}

body {width: 1000px;
margin: 0 auto;}

As you can see my width is now set using pixels on the body tag, with a margin of auto. Or if you'd like to visit my own Thread relating to this same problem, please visit:

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=221657&highlight=restore

Apostropartheid
04-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Hey guys,
so when I resize a browser screen, certain things are messed up. for instance, if I use text-align: right, whenever I decrease the size of the browser, the text is ALWAYS on the right. Should I use position: relative instead? Are there any drawbacks with using position:relative?
Of course it's on the right: that's what text-align: right means.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum