View Full Version : How do you post html codes in a scroll box for xanga entries?

Anna Hussie
04-08-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm a layout maker for xanga, and I'm having a little trouble with html. I made a layout, but I have no clue how to post it so people can use it. I want it in a scroll box, but when I post that in an html entry, the layout becomes one with the entry! I need help on finding a code that will allow me to post html into a scroll box.

Major Payne
04-09-2011, 07:42 PM
How to put HTML code in a textarea or scroll box so it can be copied/pasted:

You MUST deactivate the HTML code by making it appear as text in whichever box you use. The code I show below WILL work as it's been tested. To have active code to be clickable inside the scroll box, you MUST use a div type scroll box and not one using the "textarea" tags.

Change all the opening tag symbols, "&lt;", to the character entity, & lt ; (without spaces) as & lt ; (without spaces) = <. This will deactivate the HTML code in the textarea/scroll box, but allow users viewing the page to copy/paste the code.

Example:

<textarea style="background: transparent;" rows="8" cols="70"> & lt;img style="width: XXpx; width: YYpx; border: 0; src"pic link" alt="Text Description"> </textarea>

There is no closing tag for the image tag unless you are using an XHTML DocType then the image tag is closed with a space and a "/":

Example:

& lt;img style="width: XXpx; width: YYpx; border: 0; src"pic
link" alt="Text Description" /&' gt;

&' lt; without spaces = < and &' gt; without spaces = >

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum