PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with links

SHEPME
04-08-2011, 03:26 AM
Good Day:
I am having trouble with the following code for my website. I have created a box called "header" that I placed my inline navagation links in.
I want the color of the link a yellow color and when the user rolls the mouse over the link it turns white. Everything works great unitill I added an additional box below that I was going to add either some text of pictures (not sure). When I roll my mouse over that box, the last link (the one that says "Reserve your vacation") turns white even though my mouse is nowhere near the link. I have tried everything. PLEASE help. I have copied my code below. Copy and paste the code and you will see what I am talking about.

<html>
<title>BEST WESTERN, MIAMI BEACH, FLORIDA</title>
<style type="text/css">
Body {margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom 0px;
background-color:white;}

#header {border:1px solid; margin-left:10px; margin-right:10px; height:90px;background-color:#045FB4;}
#headerb{border:1px solid; margin-left:10px; margin-right:10px; height:10px;background-color:#F9EE54;}
#headerc{border:1px solid; margin-left:10px; margin-right:10px; height:10px;background-color:#2d1c9b;}
#navigation{border:3px solid #2d1c9b; margin-top:30px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:630px; height:0px;}

<!-- Navigation Menu CSS Below -->

#navlist{
margin:0px;
padding:0px;
test-align:center;}

#navlist li{
list-style:none;
display:inline;}

#navlist li a{
color:#F9EE54;
background-color:#2d1c9b;
padding: .2em 1em;
test-decoration:none;}

#navlist li a:hover{
color:#ffffff;}

.active{
border:0px solid;
color:#F9EE54;
font-weight:bold;
padding: .3em 3em;}

</body>
</style>

<div id="headerb"></div>
<div id="headerc">

<ul id="navlist">
<li class="active"><a title="link:VIEW OUR SUITES "href="HTTP://WWW.CBS.COM">HOME
<li class="active"><a title="link:VIEW OUR SUITES "href="HTTP://WWW.CBS.COM">OUR LOCATION
<li class="active"><a title="link:VIEW OUR SUITES "href="HTTP://WWW.CBS.COM">OUR SUITS
<li class="active"><a title="link:VIEW OUR SUITES "href="HTTP://WWW.bestwestern.COM">RESERVE YOUR VACATION</ul></li></div>

<div id="navigation">

teedoff
04-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Is that your code in the order you have it in your document?

SHEPME
04-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Yes thats the way it is at this point while I am testing everything.
I appreciate you help however I found my error. I forgot the closing </a> tag at the end of my links.

teedoff
04-08-2011, 07:11 PM
You dont have any html page structure whatsoever.

Have a look at a standard html page structure here (http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp).

You should really go through that tutorial above and this will give you a basic understanding of how to create an html document.

SHEPME
04-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Teed, Thanks alot. That would be great. I will check it out after work. I just assumed that things went in order of how they are to appear on the screen and that as long as the end result worked?
I am new to all of this but really trying hard to learn html and css. I purchased Wendy Willards book on basic HTML and its been a great help. Could you reccomend other books dealing with CSS and web design etc..
Again thanks for your help.
shep