View Full Version : fixed width banner

colinearpsycho
04-06-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm trying to make a banner for the home page of my webpage. I don't know how to make it so that it is fixed width, but so that it will also resize with the browser (to the extent it is possible). I'm just stuck creating a banner that is say 1020x170 and centering the image. I can edit the photo well enough, but I feel that it takes away from the page. I'm not really sure where to look for the answer, because I'm not sure how this technique is referred to in web page design. I'm just scrolling through the w3c tutorials and it'd help if someone could get me to a reference with this sort of thing in mind? I'm almost sure it'll be CSS, but the image map idea is so complex and it's HTML that i'm not sure if it might be an HTML coding achievement. Thanks.

bullant
04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm trying to make a banner for the home page of my webpage. I don't know how to make it so that it is fixed width, but so that it will also resize with the browser (to the extent it is possible).

I'm not sure what you mean by this.:confused:

If it is fixed width how can it resize as well as the browser window size changes.

Do you mean fixed width, but remains centred in the browser as the browser window size changes?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum