View Full Version : Flash - DHTML Issue

04-05-2011, 09:09 PM
0 down vote favorite

I have a weather widget that is flash and expandable. one of the issues i had is when I expand the widget, it wouldn't expand passed the flash container size, so most of the content is cut up. I increased the size of the flash container and that worked. The problem is that the I have another facebook widget that is below the weather widget and that got pushed a lot. I moved the facebook widget up with a negative margin and now they are aligned fine. BUT i can't interact with the facebook widget. and I think the reason is that it is actually behind the flash container. it works fine on ie but i am trying to get it to work on chrome. I have changed the z-index to make the facebook widget on top of the flash, but the flash started to appear behind the facebook now. you can see it live on

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

04-05-2011, 09:24 PM
What if you dynamically assign it the zindex based on the (OnFocus)?

04-05-2011, 09:33 PM
I forgot to mention that I did not build the site..I have a developer building it but he is out of options. This is my site though and i really want it to work.. so If you can look at it and tell me what he will need to do that would be greaat!!

04-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Can anyone help me with his please..maybe elaborate on onfocus?