View Full Version : Strange Background Repeat.

04-05-2011, 01:28 PM

I have a div box which has different colors to its sides, it has red color to the left and black to the right.

Take a look at this image:

What I want is, I want a repeat background image which will repeat red line to the left, and grey to the right.

I've tried a background like:

and used :

background: url(images/bg.png) repeat;

But it doesn't work!

Thanks in advance for the help

04-05-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't understand. Which exactly is the background, where and on which direction should be repeated?

04-05-2011, 03:15 PM
both direction should be repeated

04-05-2011, 03:20 PM
on which axis? X I presume. But where is that image? Where should it be repeated? It could be of some help if you would detail a little but your aim.

About repeated backgrounds:

04-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I dont think that image you showed us is a repeating image. I say this because it has more than one color with definate beginnings and endings.

Think about it. If you have a black line and tell it to repeat on the X axis, then it will repeat that SAME black line as far left and right as the container is in will allow it.

But a background image with 4 distinct colors all ending at a specified place on the page is not a repeating image.

04-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Forget about the image, I just needed an idea, on how to repeat a background which is different colors to its sides. I just need the code

04-05-2011, 04:01 PM
background: url(images/bg.png) repeat-x;

04-05-2011, 04:01 PM
I just gave you the idea. Create the image with the different colors you need and make it the height and width you need.