View Full Version : Help needed running PHP/MYSQL script asynchronously and taking action based on result

skinnybloke
03-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Hi - I have a form on a web page, with one field to enter a code, to search for a property.

On clicking 'submit' I want to be able to run a script asynchronously in the background.

The script will need to run a MYSQL statement which will have one of these results:

1. The property code does not exist, so display a Javascript Alert saying it does not exist.

2. The property is for sale, so call an existing javscript function 'saleSubmit(propertyCode)' to overwrite the exsiting web page with a new page sale.php for that property code

3. The property is for rent, so call an existing javscript function 'rentSubmit(propertyCode)' to overwrite the exsiting web page with a new page rent.php for that property code

My slills are in PHP and MySQL and I have no knowledge of tools like Ajax, jQuery and I am currently having problems getting my head around it. I have spent ages visiting lots of websites looking for examples on how to do this with little success.

Any help would be appreciated.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum