View Full Version : Difficulties with Visual Studio Web Application - "An error occurred loading..."

bobleny
03-20-2011, 04:04 AM
I must apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this in. It is unclear to me which forum to post this topic.

I'm trying to make a VB.NET ASP.NET Web Application in Visual Studio 2008. When I create a new project in which I have made no modifications to, I get the following error when ran from the source window of "Default.aspx" via (Crtl + F5):

Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to start monitoring changes to 'X:\WebApplication1'.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: X:\WebApplication1\web.config Line: 0

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

I believe the error is with the ASP.NET Development Server, but I don't know what to do or even where to begin in resolving the issue.

Does anyone have any idea what exactly the error may be or how to correct it?

Thanks!

Mike_O
03-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Hey bobleny,

I'm going to take a guess here and say that you need to point to the local drive, instead of X:

Mike

bobleny
03-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Oooo, you're like a God, how did you do that? lol
I don't know why it would matter but all well...

Thank you very much.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum