View Full Version : Please review redesign

tomws
03-18-2011, 05:53 PM
http://bit.ly/e7BoBD

Need some feedback on design and layout.

Some things I'm not concerned with:

quality of rotating images: these are placeholders
duplication of header nav and big nav blocks: top nav links are placeholders
inefficiency of css: still in dev mode, so it will be cleaned up, compressed, and cached before going live
meaningless sidebar block content: yes, more placeholders

I don't particularly like the header, but not sure how to fix it, yet. Footer needs work.

For any Drupalers, this is a Zen subtheme replacing an old Genesis subtheme.

cineweekly.com
03-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Maybe you were working on it at the moment but it took a good 45 seconds for it to load. But it all loaded at once when it finally started. I agree about the header, I like from the pictures > down a lot better. I think it's the lack of a good logo. First there's the plain text of the site name and then there's the ugly eaPDD logo. I never liked when county and state outlines were used in logos and my first reaction was that the logo said "earDD". I would also ditch the grid-like background on the logo because it looks like a logo on a squatted domain. Other than logo issues I would say brighten the reddish color, it just seems too dull with the grays. I would also put a colorful graphic or two in the actual text content just so it doesn't get too texty.

tomws
03-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Every couple of years that server decides to eat a network adapter. I think that's where the performance issue is coming from. It's been getting worse for the last week or so.

The outline/font are the district's own aged logo (and yes, even after seeing them for so long, I still see an R instead of a P in that Glacier font). The junk behind that is something extra I threw in for testing. Don't like it.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll take it into consideration.

tomws
03-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Tweaked the header. As plain as it is now, I think it's still better than the previous version.

ASanJose
08-28-2011, 09:41 AM
While I'm not a fan of the logo, which I understand is the design of the client, I like the overall look of the site. It is easy to navigate, and the information on the the site is clear and concise. Very nicely done!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum