View Full Version : A C++ Beginner

06-24-2003, 03:38 AM
I got a book from my local library entitled "C++ Programming, for the absolute beginner." I know HTML, intermediate in JavaScript, and very very little PHP. Could I learn C++ with this book?

06-24-2003, 05:56 AM
more than likly. ive never read the book but ive learned a lot about C++ and i started with only knowledge of HTML. So my guess would be that you could learn some from that book :)

06-24-2003, 10:53 AM
I've learnt mostly from tutorials on the web, and I must say the quality of pretty much all of them is extremly bad.

But after about a week I can code OpenGL and Win32 applications to some extent. So I'm sure a book will no doubt get you up to speed and programming in no time at all.

06-24-2003, 07:19 PM
there is a book called "How To Progam C++" by Deitel and Deitel, that is one of the best C++ books I have ever read. I would suggest looking at it. Even the older versions are still really good, I think I have the 2nd or 3rd and they are on the 4th. Great book though.

07-01-2003, 09:15 PM
I was in the exact same situation as you when I bought the very same book! It worked great and I think that it really helps u to learn fast. Of course experience is the best teacher and you wont learn everything from this book but I still think that It is a gread introductory.