View Full Version : Help with PHP Error - Much appreciated

Conteo
03-15-2011, 03:05 AM
Hey everyone :)

We've come to look at our site today and we're getting lots of strange PHP errors on it, anyone any idea whats happened. It seems to have happened completely by itself.

I know the FTP details for an easy fix if anyone knows...

Any help is much appreciated.

:) Ben

gooney0
03-15-2011, 03:16 AM
I'm not able to reach that site as there seems to be a DNS issue. Could you paste the errors here?

Conteo
03-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Sorry my bad, the link was missing for the OP.

http://www.pond-liners.uk.com/

Thanks

oesxyl
03-15-2011, 03:54 AM
Sorry my bad, the link was missing for the OP.

http://www.pond-liners.uk.com/

Thanks
probably an automatic upgrade of the php version. What is on the page are not errors, are warnings, is better to fix them. Find where is used ereg in code and replace it with preg_xxx version.

best regards

Conteo
03-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the advice, could anyone point me in the right direction as to where to change the PHP version?

oesxyl
03-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the advice, could anyone point me in the right direction as to where to change the PHP version?
hosting support? this is part of server management and in usual condition you can't do anything except ask support.
why do you want to do that? to the next check will be upgraded again and you need again to change the version.
you have another option, to ask for turning off display for errors/warnings.

best regards

Conteo
03-15-2011, 04:00 PM
hosting support? this is part of server management and in usual condition you can't do anything except ask support.
why do you want to do that? to the next check will be upgraded again and you need again to change the version.
you have another option, to ask for turning off display for errors/warnings.

best regards

Thanks for your support oesxyl. I'll get onto the host.

:)

oesxyl
03-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks for your support oesxyl. I'll get onto the host.

:)
you are welcome, :) if i be you i would fix that warnings, it's not such a big deal just grep for ereg and replace them with preg_, at most few hours of work if everything go very bad, :)

best regards

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum