View Full Version : Window display settings

dar1c4
07-17-2002, 07:44 PM
Hello,

I am using style sheets to control the font and font size of the text in my HTML templates. I have recently been contacted by a user who states that my text is unreadable. I come to find out that he is using large font in his Windows display settings. Is there anyway to get back control of the text inside my HTML templates? If I can still control the text size using style sheets, is there specific syntax that I should be using?

Vladdy
07-17-2002, 08:16 PM
font-size: 12px;

dar1c4
07-17-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Vladdy
font-size: 12px;

Vladdy,

I am using similar syntax in my style sheets, although I am using "12pt" instead of your "12px." Does it matter, because my syntax does not change the font size specified in the Windows Display Settings?

Thanks for your reply.

Catman
07-17-2002, 08:40 PM
As I understand it, CSS settings should override browser settings unless the person has chosen to ignore these with Accessibility settings (and assuming the browser in question even handles style sheets). So I'm not sure there is anything you can do on your end to take care of the problem.

Also: px and pt are just different units of measure.

dar1c4
07-17-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Catman
As I understand it, CSS settings should override browser settings unless the person has chosen to ignore these with Accessibility settings (and assuming the browser in question even handles style sheets). So I'm not sure there is anything you can do on your end to take care of the problem.

Also: px and pt are just different units of measure.

Catman,

I agree. And, my company has mandated that Internet Explorer 5.5 is our company's standard Web browser, so I know style sheets are supported. But, I guess the Widows' display settings override the browser's or the HTML templates font settings, and and I cannot do a thing about it?

pardicity3
07-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Whenever I use font-size: 12px; it works for me. The only change that I notice when switching to large text is the size of my <br> tags.

You should probably try using pixels (px) instead of pt. Pixels are certain to always be the same, but I could see windows changing point (pt) size just cause they are like that.

So in the end, try using pixels and tell us if it works!!!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum