View Full Version : Php cms

Jdotman
02-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Hello, I'm in need of a custom made CMS where i can also add moderators for adding news also a PayPal / Google checkout order form that calculates total's, then takes you to PayPal checkout etc.. I did have one at one point but vanished, as I'm starting a hosting business.

~

Fou-Lu
02-25-2011, 03:55 PM
And your question is?

Jdotman
02-25-2011, 04:02 PM
And your question is?

"Hello, I'm in need of a custom made CMS where i can also add moderators for adding news also a PayPal / Google checkout order form that calculates total's, then takes you to PayPal checkout etc"

Fou-Lu
02-25-2011, 04:12 PM
This isn't a PHP question, its a project request.
Moving from PHP to unknown sized projects. Please specify details of what the project requires, desired timeline, and payment methods and amount.

Jdotman
02-25-2011, 04:18 PM
This isn't a PHP question, its a project request.
Moving from PHP to unknown sized projects. Please specify details of what the project requires, desired timeline, and payment methods and amount.

I don't think you can read..

tangoforce
02-25-2011, 04:18 PM
So you want a custom made CMS... Well if its custom made you better make it then because no-one here is going to be able to provide you with something that meets 100% of your needs. Or you could download a pre-made one and hack it up.

EDIT the above was posted seconds before the thread was moved.

Fou-Lu
02-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Pardon me? I presume you're looking to have code created for you that is custom. That is what I have read did I make a mistake on your criteria?
A custom made CMS doesn't come from nowhere. If you want custom code created you pay money to a developer to do it for you. We don't put food on our tables by giving free code out.

tangoforce
02-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Yes he can. It's your inability to ask a clear and concise question that is the problem here.

Jdotman
02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Yes he can. It's your inability to ask a clear and concise question that is the problem here.

Considering i had to copy and paste my original post.

tangoforce
02-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Read above. You can't just come along and claim you need a custom made CMS and expect it to magically appear. You need to state the following:

Do you want to create it yourself?
Do you want someone else to create it?
How much are you willing to pay someone else?
When does it need to be completed by?

Then you go on to state that you had one and it vanished (which is irrelevant) and that you are starting a hosting business :eek:

As I've said, you need to be clear and concise as to what you want. Not just throw facts into a thread and expect everyone to understand and sort it for you. If you can't communicate with people you want help from then how are you going to communicate with potential hosting customers and support them? :confused:

The fact that you've had to copy and paste the above means only that you're not understanding whats being said and not learning from it.

Fou-Lu
02-25-2011, 04:46 PM

Perhaps you should re-read your own post, and then indicate to me where you specified a PHP question, and what that question was instead of consistently insulting me.

Until you have provided an actual question which can be answered, this will remain open as a project request and not as a PHP guidance request. As I have mentioned, you will NOT get custom created code without either doing it yourself or paying someone to do it for you. Custom code is neither free nor cheap.

Fumigator
02-25-2011, 04:46 PM

Your mistake was believing your original post is a coding question. It's not. Copy/pasting the same non-question when asked what the question is seems to be a problem with your reading comprehension, not Fou-lu's.

tangoforce
02-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Can I also just add that there isn't actually a question mark anywhere in the original post - thats one of these: ?

There was nothing saying:
"How can I create one?"
"Where can I get tips?"
"Do you have any advice?"
"Can anyone here help me?"
"Could someone here create this for me?"

Nothing. There was NO question. You simply stated facts. You need a custom made CMS that does x and y and that you had one which vanished. Oh and you're starting a hosting business :rolleyes:

Those are factual remarks not questions.

Jdotman
02-25-2011, 05:55 PM
I stated, "I'm in need of" Now if you don't think that's a question, your truly uneducated.

Fou-Lu
02-25-2011, 06:11 PM
*sigh* "In Need Of" is not a question, it's a request.
In any case, if your next post does not include details of the project, time line for project completion, budget and method of payment, I will assume you are looking for a hand out and this topic will be closed.
If you are looking for a free solution I will suggest you look into a out of the box solution such as Joomla! which may or may not provide you with the functionality you desire.

tangoforce
02-25-2011, 06:24 PM
I stated

Exactly.

Re-read the rest of whats been said. You made statements. You didn't tell us how you wanted it made - by yourself or someone else, whether you were willing to pay, or just wanted advice.

If you can't be bothered to even give people here a helping hand to understand exactly what it is you want then you're not going to get a 'bothered' response back from anyone.

You just started a thread saying you want a custom CMS that has payments and mods.

As I've said before, you didn't tell us any of the above or even ask a question. You just stated facts - which you've just admitted.

I don't like the colour of the moon. There you go, I fully expect you to understand that I want you to go up there and paint it, I might pay you for it and can I ask how you'll get there?

Seriously just put some effort in when making a post.

your truly uneducated

Shouldn't that be "you are" or "you're"? - Your (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/your) means something completely different and you dare to call me uneducated? http://serve.mysmiley.net/sad/sad0020.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

And? - Should there be something to finish off the sentence? - Like this?:
"Considering I had to copy and paste my original post I would have thought you might have understood it by now".

Seriously do not come here to pick a fight. What has been given to you here is contructive criticism. Read it, accept it and learn from it. No-one wants to have a fight on this forum but we do at least want to be able to understand people clearly without having to spend hours trying to work out what they want, mean, need etc.

tangoforce
02-25-2011, 06:28 PM
*sigh* "In Need Of" is not a question, it's a request.

I don't even think its a request. It's just a statement. He hasn't specified how they want to obtain it - IE by coding it themselves, someone else doing it, or just downloading a simple one to hack up.

If you are looking for a free solution I will suggest you look into a out of the box solution such as Joomla! which may or may not provide you with the functionality you desire.

I suggest he actually asks for one to be recommended in the first place.

VIPStephan
02-25-2011, 06:58 PM
I would even go as far as “I’m in need of…” is not a request or a statement, it’s a command.
It means: “And don’t you dare to expect a ‘please’ from me – or a “thank you” when it’s done!”

tangoforce
02-25-2011, 07:13 PM
No, credit where it's due, he did start his post with some politeness by saying hello.

Due to the initial politeness I didn't quite see his post in the same light but I just saw it as a bunch of statements which didn't directly ask or specify what type of help he needed. It just seemed like a pointless post and when questioned further he's slowly become more offensive because he can't seem to see why he's being questioned.

sybil6
02-25-2011, 07:16 PM
So you want a custom made CMS... Well if its custom made you better make it then because no-one here is going to be able to provide you with something that meets 100% of your needs.
the contrary, if it's custom made it can meet 100% of client needs.

tangoforce
02-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Yes I agree with that but he hasn't specified how he would like this custom cms created - read my previous posts.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum