View Full Version : Gap in FF, not in IE

eberdome
02-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Hey everyone,

For some reason there is a gap in between the copyright and bottom row of images in FF, Safari, Chrome, but not in IE. I actually like what IE is doing and i want the gap to go away in FF and the rest. What is causing this gap and how can i get rid of it to make it look like what it does in IE??

The link: http://experiencemediaonline.gorillaonemedia.com/work/

Thanks!

Excavator
02-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Hello eberdome,
In your core.css, line #27, div#copyright has 25px top margin. How's it look when you get rid of that?

Also, why a ul there? That copyright statement is hardly a list.

eberdome
02-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

I took out ul and li and also took out margin top, but now it looks great in FF, and overlaps bottom image in IE, why is this?

teedoff
02-15-2011, 09:11 PM
I think we've been through this before...lol Still having problems? In your previous post I suggested that you add the top margin because it was over lapping in IE. Not sure whats going on. If you make it look right(by adding the top margin) in IE, it has more space than needed in FF. If you remove the top margin to make it look correct in FF, it overlaps in IE.

eberdome
02-15-2011, 09:26 PM
yup, that's pretty much it, i want the columns and rows of images to align directly in the middle of the white background! I cant seem to figure out how though!

abduraooft
02-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Add an extra class to the last <ul> -column, say <ul class="column last">, and then add the following into your CSS.

ul.column.last li{
margin-bottom:10px;
}

eberdome
02-16-2011, 09:10 PM
abduraooft,

For some reason that is not doing the trick in IE, I even tried adding a margin-top to my copyright, still no dice!

abduraooft
02-17-2011, 07:09 AM
I actually like what IE is doing and i want the gap to go away in FF and the rest.

For some reason that is not doing the trick in IE, I even tried adding a margin-top to my copyright, still no dice!
:confused:

eberdome
02-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Actually i fixed the problem, probably not the best route, but apparently early versions of IE do not like height:auto; . So with that said i just created a fixed height of my rows of images and that pushed it back down in IE. Works for now, and is cross browser compatible. Thanks for your time!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum