View Full Version : Image Transparency vs. Column Transparency Discrepancy

joebop
02-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi there.

First post on the CodingForums.com I hope you can help.
Basically I use the Wordpress framework on my site and have recently activated a new theme which has undergone a fair amount of editing in order to create the look I currently have.

I wanted to include the two transparent column and they look great, however the images in the individual posts in the columns are transparent at the same ratio as the column, so therefore, somehow, I need to change this. I can't really see any logical way around it and I posted this question in the wordpress.org forums and go no luck in responses so if you're able to help that would be great. I don't really want to loose the sidebar transparency tho! I'm sure it's something fairly simple but I can't get my head around it.

The best page example is here: http://bit.ly/aVtKEo - there are plenty of images so you can see how it's all effecting it!

Any help you can provide would be great thanks!

Joebop

Apostropartheid
02-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Presumably you used the opacity CSS property, which will prevent you from restoring to full opacity.
You can work around this in two ways:
(Better supported) use a semi-transparent PNG-8 as a backgground
(Worse supported) use an rgba() color point with an alpha channel (fourth number) that is below one as a background color.

joebop
02-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Hi Apostropartheid,

Used your solution and it has worked like a charm! I knew it would be something really simply so thanks so much for your time!

Joebop!!!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum