View Full Version : Photoshop saving reds different

boogily
02-12-2011, 01:01 AM
I am working on a website and am creating a few custom images. I have a logo and some ribbons that have the color #ce3d45 in them. Whenever I export them they come out with #ee3a44!

I've been using Photoshop a long time, and never have seen this? What is it and how do I fix?

Thanks

tracknut
02-12-2011, 01:11 AM
What file type are you saving them as, and is there any chance you're using less than 8 bits per color in the palette?

Dave

boogily
02-12-2011, 02:31 AM
Tried them all, 24 bit PNG, JPG

tracknut
02-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Hard to guess when you've tried everything already...

What are your color profile and color mode set to?

I presume this is a source psd file, and you're trying to export it as a jpeg or png?

Dave

VIPStephan
02-12-2011, 04:50 AM
Yeah, it’s most likely a color management issue. There is a nice article (http://www.viget.com/inspire/save-for-web-simply/) about it. I think the basic rule it to not use color management on images for the web (i. e. “Don’t color manage”) or set it to the monitor profile. This way you’ll get the same output for web export.

savantcreative
02-12-2011, 07:08 PM
I am working on a website and am creating a few custom images. I have a logo and some ribbons that have the color #ce3d45 in them. Whenever I export them they come out with #ee3a44!

I've been using Photoshop a long time, and never have seen this? What is it and how do I fix?

Thanks
What color space are you working in? Reds and yellows seem to be the worst.
Sometimes working without a color space can give better results. I don't know why but it works. Also, what format are saving it in. Jpegs seem to be the worst offenders.

boogily
02-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Wow, never knew that. I wonder how long my graphics have been out of kilt?

Thanks a ton

(talking about the article from two posts up)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum