View Full Version : Need help identifying a problem with a contact form

02-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Hello ladies & gents,
Long time reader first time poster. I was recently contracted to finish a site another company had started, while checking functionality I ran into a issue with the contact form. When the form is submitted I get a 500 Internal Server error. I'm not sure what part of the code i should post or if it is even a coding issue (the domain host switched to different servers a few weeks ago). Any help will be greatly appreciated and I apologize in advance for the vauge explanation, thanks!

02-07-2011, 10:11 PM
There's really no way to tell what's causing the error with what you've given us.

The only sure thing is that this is not a Javascript issue, so I'll move this to ASP.

Since you're not sure what to post: Look in your server logs to see where the error actually occured, or make a development copy of the site in the same server environment and switch error reporting on.

02-08-2011, 05:56 PM
yeah I was afraid of that, I'm trying to figure it out with my administrator, thanks for the quick reply it helped steer me in the right direction!