View Full Version : shared files on network

RaNaMaster
02-02-2011, 08:33 PM
hey
the first thing i want is to be able to view my shared network files and delete them if i like or rename them in my firefox browser so when i open my page to shared folders i can view files that are bring shared well the only ones that i map in the php files not everything on the network

oh and also i wanted this
i need help with my lil website i have what i have to do is almost every day is add and remove the same thing over and over and what i was thinking is here is a example

1. job one
2. job two

have like a admin page i can long in to and just click on job 1 that way the only thing that is show is the job one i hope this makes sense think you

Payment method Paypal,
Payment Amount: 30$ for each one or let know this is my first time
time week or two done in php please

Fumigator
02-02-2011, 08:56 PM
the first thing i want is to be able to view my shared network files and delete them if i like or rename them in my firefox browser so when i open my page to shared folders i can view files that are bring shared well the only ones that i map in the php files not everything on the network

Just to let you know, that can't happen. It would be a massive security hole to give a browser access to the local file system, especially to delete/rename files. If this were possible, that would mean any a-hole with a website could delete anyone's files on their hard drive, which means you wouldn't be able to surf the net without getting your c: drive totally wiped every day.

oracleguy
02-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Just to let you know, that can't happen. It would be a massive security hole to give a browser access to the local file system, especially to delete/rename files. If this were possible, that would mean any a-hole with a website could delete anyone's files on their hard drive, which means you wouldn't be able to surf the net without getting your c: drive totally wiped every day.
Unless they mean there is a PHP page running on a server that would be manipulating the files, that would be do-able. But the description isn't very clear.

RaNaMaster
02-02-2011, 10:03 PM
yap thats what i want done

i want to view my \\192.168.1.100\downloads files

sorry im not good with words

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum