PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my javascript

iLegit
02-01-2011, 08:42 PM
can anybody help me with java script on my website http://wejustcan.com in The Design Contest Section I need help to make a Browse File othen i need a submit button to submit the design name and email to my email

Philip M
02-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Do please read the posting guidelines regarding silly thread titles. The thread title is supposed to help people who have a similar problem in future. Yours is useless for this purpose. Everyone here is looking for help with Javascript. You can (and should) edit it to make it more meaningful.

If you are trying to send a form's contents by email using mailto;, that is not recommended as it is highly unreliable. You need to use a server-side script.

Old Pedant
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Generally, you can't use JavaScript/HTML to send emails. Oh, it works for *some* browsers and some email clients, but not for all, by any means. You really need to use server-side code (e.g., PHP/JSP/ASP) to send email reliably.

But in any case, JavaScript has *ZERO* ability to "browse" the content of a directory on the server. So you have no choice but to write that code with PHP/JSP/ASP/etc.

EDIT: Man, am I slow today! But at least I caught the need to use server side code for "browsing".