PDA

View Full Version : 500 Internal Server Error

jeffers
01-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi,

I just tried updating MySQL through my WHM console, and since I did, all my websites (that run PHP) are showing 500 Internal Server Error. I'm not sure if this is perhaps related to my .htaccess file, as if I just put basic HTML on there, they run fine.

This is pretty urgent as sites are currently down! Any help would be appreciated :confused:

oesxyl
01-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi,

I just tried updating MySQL through my WHM console, and since I did, all my websites (that run PHP) are showing 500 Internal Server Error. I'm not sure if this is perhaps related to my .htaccess file, as if I just put basic HTML on there, they run fine.

This is pretty urgent as sites are currently down! Any help would be appreciated :confused:

if is not shared hosted or if you have access to the server logs, look inside and if you still need help post again.

best regards

Inigoesdr
01-27-2011, 08:58 PM
500 Error won't be coming from MySQL. Your rebuild in EasyApache probably failed. I doubt it's .htaccess if all of your sites are down. See if MySQL is running:

ps aux|grep mysql
If it is try running EasyApache by itself and watch the log. You might need to switch to Release or Stable and update cPanel.

Lamped
01-27-2011, 09:26 PM
I run WHM too, and the cPanel staff provide pretty fast free help. Send them a ticket with your login details and they'll fix it for you.

Inigoesdr
01-28-2011, 12:02 AM
I run WHM too, and the cPanel staff provide pretty fast free help. Send them a ticket with your login details and they'll fix it for you.

Yeah, I forgot about that. You can access the support system right from WHM. Just make sure you have backups. They tend to prefer the shotgun approach in my experience.