View Full Version : Designing an Octave (Keyboard)

01-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Hello I'm looking to do a website about music, and I was wondering if anybody could create me 2 things:

A black key for a keyboard/piano.
A white key for a keyboard/piano

I know it sounds simple but I'm restricted because of Paint, can't seem to find what I need.:mad:

Would be very grateful!

01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Just to let you know, the white keys on a piano/keyboard are not all the same!

01-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Ah correct!

Sorry I should have explained myself a bit better......

I just want the ivory keys to be a solid rectangle (every single one). So although the ebony keys between the C, D, and E key, and so on, are sat within the white keys, I would just like to have a solid rectangle...

I hope this makes sense. :)

It seems so simple to do and I got there in Paint but I'm just clueless as how to resize the white background around the ebony key. I thought of doing a full black page, then just resizing it in the html but when I come to doing the ivory, there will be no outline and I didn't want to add a border to the ivory key. I just want two simple pictures which I can add using img src.

I wanted to keep my background white, which will conflict with the key.

Basically, if anyone could explain how to resize the white background in Paint around the key I have created, then my problem is solved.

Rant over!:thumbsup:

01-06-2011, 03:42 AM
You really cannot design using paint. Let me help you out a little here:

This will give you extended editing capabilities. Use the image editor. Make sure that you fill they keys with an ivory-looking gradient and round the bottom edges. You also may want a small inner glow at the bottom to give it dimension.

Good luck ~

01-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Lovely, I'll give that a shot and let you know.....you're confusing me already! :p :thumbsup: