View Full Version : Image slideshows & galleries--where is the fpslideshow.php file?

01-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Hello to all:

I was at this page, looking to use the full image slideshow:

In step #2 I downloaded fpslideshow.zip and extracted the files. I am told in the instructions that there is a file titled fpslideshow.php within that.

Forgive my thickheadedness, but I have no fpslideshow.php in that file. All other files and images are included, but not that. And I believe not having that file is why this is not working for me so far.

Am I doing something incorrectly or is that file available somewhere for me to obtain and I am missing where to find it?

Thanks in advance. Any help will be appreciated.

01-03-2011, 04:29 PM
your not imagning things. as a matter of fact the zip file has files in it that are not event mentioned in the tutorial. your best bet is to report the issue to the website admin so they can update the tutorial or the zip file.

01-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Rather misleading documentation I think. The zip does contain a file called fpslideshowvar.php, which in fact is that referred to in the <script> tag example. Maybe that's the issue.

01-21-2011, 05:10 PM
that's the right php doc. The .zip is misnamed. Did you try to demo.htm to see if all their coding and scripts work?

below they mention the alternate name.

"Remember the code of Step 1 above? You should now edit the below line inside it so the URL correctly points to where fpslideshowvar.php is located on your site:"

I was trying to use this tutorial also for my site and the php and .js files just wouldn't work. I'm not sure why. I've been picking it apart as much as I can but my js knowledge is almost nothing. The tut made it look so easy and when you use the default <script>.com links pointing to their online files the demo.htm works just fine. But when I point to my own images it doesn't work, even though I'm following all their steps to a tee.

Are there any tips on how to effectivly link <script> to folders from a .html location? Like vital do's or dont's?

01-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the info. I figured it out and was able to use it.